YES vaginal moisturiser is a long-lasting natural vaginal moisturising gel. Designed to match a typical vaginal environment it has none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in vaginal moisturisers. And it comes in easy-to-use and super hygienic prefilled applicators.
Key features we absolutely love:
- Moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive vaginal tissues
- Gentle and long-lasting rehydration
- Non-hormonal, estrogen-free
- Lasts up to 3 days per application
- pH matched to restore and/or maintain vaginal health
- Bio-adhesive so releases moisture where needed
- Odourless, colourless, no stickiness or fallout
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex and polyisoprene condoms and toys
YES vaginal moisturiser is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding rehydration
- Made with an innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic: formulated to minimise the risk of allergies
*Why is Osmolality important?
A vaginal moisturiser is in contact with sensitive and dry tissues for much longer than an intimate lubricant, so it is even more important that the vaginal moisturiser is designed to release water where needed and to be made from gentle ingredients.
YES vaginal moisturiser has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly, the pH is balanced to match typical vaginal pH (fairly acidic at pH3.7-4.5). And secondly, the strength and concentration of the ingredients used in YES vaginal moisturiser match these tissues.
An ingredients’ strength or concentration is called osmolality. YES vaginal moisturiser is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, this means that it will rehydrate tissues that need it, but will not pull or push water into the tissues, unlike strongly hypo- or strongly hyper- osmotic moisturisers, so minimising any chance of tissue damage.
See the additional info tab for more on osmolality or download a review article that discusses the importance of vaginal moisturiser and lubricant osmolality in more depth.
How does YES vaginal moisturiser work?
YES vaginal moisturiser lubricates the vaginal vault, the natural hydrocolloids (gums) are bio-adhesive, they gently hold on to the dry walls of the vagina and release water, where needed, rehydrating dry mucosa. When used regularly, YES vaginal moisturiser will restore the natural protective acidity of the vagina.
How does YES vaginal moisturiser help?
YES vaginal moisturiser keeps your vagina comfortably hydrated. It can be used to manage pain associated with intercourse and case studies show YES vaginal moisturiser can rapidly relieve vaginal atrophy, dryness, itching, irritation, burning and discomfort.