If you missed part one of this interview series pop over now and check out our chat with chiropractor and functional movement specialist Dr Perry Nickelston and osteopath, chiropractor and functional medicine expert Dr Stewart Gillespie. We talked about inflammation, the gut-brain and gut-heart connections, and to talk about their upcoming workshop.
We also asked about practical ways people can address inflammation and they gave us their top ten tips, here they are.
- Drink a glass of water with a squeeze of lemon in it as soon as you wake up.
- After your glass of lemon water jump up and down like you’re jumping rope for 30 seconds.
- Walk 5,000 steps minimum everyday, working your way towards 10,000 daily.
- Try adding some inconvenient movements to your day.
- Stop eating sugar and dairy for 14 days and tune in to the difference it makes in your body.
- Walk barefoot on the earth everyday.
- Swim in the ocean as much as possible.
- Eat as close to nature as possible. That means removing processed foods from your diet and increasing your intake of fresh, raw fruit and vegetables.
- Try Wim Hof breathing.
- Eliminate electromagnetic fields as much as possible.
Have you tried any of these? Let us know. Honestly, we’d love to hear your experiences.